Women are essential partners in charitable giving, leveraging the power of the purse to better the community. It’s a fact that women are the principal health care decision makers for their families, so they’re intensely interested in the future of health care. As St. Anthony’s strives for 100 Top Hospital status, women rightly want to know how they can make a difference. Women in Philanthropy (WIP) members make an annual donation of $1,000 and are invited to vote on how their cumulative donation will be spent to benefit the hospital.
- Members make an annual gift of $1,000 to the Foundation.
- Members are invited to an annual luncheon in the spring/winter to vote on how their pooled resources will benefit the hospital.
- An autumn lunch meeting includes a presentation on how their dollars are at work.
- Members are enrolled in the Concierge Program, an added layer of services by the Foundation, providing a liaison during an inpatient admission.
The latest support from Women in Philanthropy has brought much new technology to St. Anthony’s:
If you’ve been diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer, you may be eligible for breast conserving therapy. SAVI SCOUT® helps surgeons to precisely locate cancer tissue to ±1mm of accuracy during a wireless lumpectomy. Precise location increases the probability of complete cancer removal and reduces the likelihood of needing follow-up surgeries.
LUCAS™ Mechanical CPR Machine
Life-sustaining circulation can be created through effective and uninterrupted chest compressions utilizing this device during sudden cardiac arrest. Providing a steady supply of oxygen to the heart and brain, this machine is necessary to save lives and avoid neurological damage.
SonoSite SII Ultrasound Machine
Reducing the time to make an accurate diagnosis in the event of an emergency is critical. SonoSite is a portable ultrasound machine that is ready to scan, STAT. This advanced ultrasound technology goes from a cold start to scanning in under 25 seconds and offers a stunningly clear picture.
Bispectral Index (BIS™) Monitor
A Bispectral Index (BIS™) Monitor is commonly used to assess depth of sedation during surgical procedures. To avoid over – or under sedation, BIS™ monitoring should be utilized to ensure that the level of sedation is adequate and meets the needs of the patient.
Women in Philanthropy members are enrolled in Concierge Benefits which offer an added layer of attention from Foundation staff while respecting that all patients receive the same clinical excellence and patient-centered care. To make sure you get the proper attention that you deserve, you’ll receive our version of the “Gold Card,” offering personalized attention from the Foundation to our most generous donors.
- Pre-registration at our facilities using patient secure identity palm-scanning technology
- Physician referrals and scheduling assistance
- Private room accommodations, upon request and when available
- Hospitality services and a personal visit from a member of our team during your hospital stay
- Grooming amenities to make an inpatient stay more comfortable
- A copy of the Philanthropy Report updating you on Foundation events and hospital happenings
- Invitations to members-only opportunities (e.g. physician lectures, socials and hospital grand openings)